Re: flower books & Iris Junk

At 03:20 PM 12/26/96 -0500, you wrote:
>Ellen, I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one with an "iris junk" problem!
> Should I print out the part about the private bookcase and hand it to my
>accuser?   :-)
>Actually, I'm not at all sure that would solve the problem.  What do you
>other iris folks do about several "in-process" iris projects, each with its
>own pile of stuff, taking over the horizontal surfaces in the house?...
>Dorothy Fingerhood

The first step to solving this problem is too admit that you have one.  You
need to realize that your problem is that you're surrounded by people who
need to be taught the difference between real junk and necessary iris
literature and project management.;) It's all a matter of perspective!:)

More seriously, if you're going to have a "junk problem", then it might as
well be an "iris junk problem".  Some people are born(obsessed) organizers
and fortunately I'm not one of them.  If it's any consolation, a commonly
held stereotype is that creative people are often disorganized (although the
reverse is not always true).  As a child, I grew up in a creative home where
we had our priorities straight and piles of junk, such as unfinished craft
projects and tons of magazines and catalogs, were in abundance!!:)

These days my computer desk is a shambles and I clean it up occasionally,
usually while I'm procrastinating over real work.:) I'm in desperate need of
some more filing cabinets to file away catalogs and the iris and garden
paraphernalia that is piling up rapidly!:)  My nightstand and computer desk
have been taken over by iris stuff and there is no end in sight.  I can't
really begin to comprehend what you guys, who have been in irises for years,
are facing.:)

-My name is Donald Mosser, and I have an iris junk problem...

Donald Mosser

North Augusta, South Carolina, USA
USDA Zone 7b-8