Re: Space Wars!

At 07:25 PM 12/26/96 -0500, you wrote:
>This particular household is in turmoil over "iris space".  We are just
>about to take out the back wall of the house and add a solarium for my
>irises, etc.  At least, that it what I had thought!  My son has returned
>from Calgary for a few weeks to undertake this work as he rebuild the
>front of the house a year ago.  As the plans evolve, the new kitchen has
>become larger and larger and my greenhouse space has decreased until I
>found out today that all I get is 5ft wide and 21ft long (rather than my
>original 11ft wide).  I took to the battlements immediately and have
>pushed the kitchen back at least five foot.  We will see how the saga
>unfolds.
>Ian

Why not do away with the separation of kitchen and solarium, throw in some
skylights, terra-cotta tile, a few greenhouse benches, and you can have an
herb garden right in your own kitchen?  This way you could slowly take over
the kitchen space before anyone realized what was happening.:)  I'm
extremely jealous of your solarium.:)  I would love a house that was about
1/2 solarium, 1/4 living space, and 1/4 "iris junk" space, but not
necessarily all separate.

-Donald

Donald Mosser
AIS, HIPS, SIGNA, SPCNI, and IRIS-L