Dietes bicolor

Seasonal Greetings from the second coldest capital in the world!

Unfortunately, until yesterday it has been quite unseasonally warm. 8C
yesterday but overnight it dropped to -12C, so we are getting there and
there are even signs of snow.

I had some good new - bad news yesterday.  Three years ago I collected
Dietes bicolor seeds in Los Angeles and Perth, Australia.  They all
germinates together the following year, when the temperature spurted to
over 80.  One of my dogs, when defending the house against mythical
invaders, distributed all the seedlings in a pile on the floor.  I saves
most of them but they were muddled.  They have grown slowly and I have
given many away to friends who, over the years, ask if they will ever
flower.  Yesterday, one friend telephoned to say that she arrive home
from hospital to find that hers were just about to flower.  All had
large buds.  Mine show no signs of buds at all!

May be mine will flower if I wait another few years.

Have a happy holiday and a really prosperous new year.