Re: Gentle Rain

<< I agree all the way about GENTLE RAIN, and our customers must also as we
 sell quite a lot of it every year.  >>

Your comment is really interesting to me, Rick.  I know some will hit me over
the head with clubs for my next statement.  Of the scores and scores of
violet plicata tall bearded irises introduced in the last 30 years, if I
could only grow three these would be GENTLE RAIN, SPINNING WHEEL, and JESSE'S
SONG.  They grow well in all parts of the North America, have long blooming
periods, produce an abundance of color over a long time, and have fairly nice
foliage most of the time.  To me, these three irises represent the
outstanding quality that tall bearded irises can attain.  Interestingly, all
three hold up very well in bad weather, the bloomstalks seldom lean or fall
over, and they are rot resistant.  Quality.  Clarence Mahan in VA