Re: iris dreams/solstice/WABASH X MULBERRY ROSE

Lloyd said
>MULBERRY ROSE  is a self, so if crossed to WABASH, would give all selfs or
>bitones. You would doubtless get hardy youngsters, but they would be far
>pretty, I should guess.  My own preference is for smooth-hafted amoenas, so
>would avoid things like MULBERRY  ROSE  because there is a lot of markings
>the haft.

Thanks Lloyd - one of the many reasons I love MULBERRY ROSE is those rusty
hafts.  I am one of those people who loves shoulders and patterns, at least
the subtle ones - ones that aren't conspicuous at a distance but with closer
inspection appear more and more complex.  Same with plicatas - don't much
care for the rigid banding, but have come to really like some of the dotted
or blended ones.

As for far from pretty - would they be a lot worse than the parents?  My one
seedling 'keeper' so far is an I. pallida X MULBERRY ROSE weed that is
probably far from pretty by most people's standards.  Would any of the ugly
children possibly be worth bringing along to cross with something like