Re: Copyright law and Internet re-mailing lists

In a message dated 23/12/96  18:38:35, Jane writes:

<< I believe Mike is right on this one. Because there is no limitation
 placed on who may subscribe to such a list or who may read/browse such a
 list (even without subscribing), it is doubtful that copyright law could
 be brought to bear. (Libel still applies, though.)

I'm not sure - letters to newspapers and magazines have equal potential for
dissemination, but remain copyright material.
Anyone on the list know a good lawyer who could give definitve information?

Graham Spencer
croftway@aol.com