Re: Shakespeare?

In a message dated 24/12/96  04:55:44, Patricia writes

<< Iris is the messenger of the gods...not much to do with irises>>

I beg to differ - I was taught that Iris (the plants) were named for Iris
(the heavenly messenger) because Iris (the messenger) travelled from heaven
to earth on a rainbow, and the rainbow flower (the Iris) would grow wherever
the rainbow touched the ground.

Graham Spencer

croftway@aol.com
No rainbows today - just sun.