Advantages of Gardening in Different Areas

<< I am hoping to form an idea that irisarianing in
 zones less than 6 is an advantage.  >>

Actually, to have an advantage in growing irises,  it almost doesn't matter
where one lives in Canada and the U.S, with the exception of the most frozen
areas of Canada and Alaska and the tropical climes such as lower Florida and
Hawaii.  I had always thought coastal California was ideal for irises, but
then I saw Siberians and Japanese irises growing there, and realized that we
can do so much better with them in the mid-Atlantic regions.

In the desert areas, the arils and arilbreds are so happy.  In Canada, the
versicolors and setosas are extraordianrily beautiful.  In the upper part of
Florida and in the Gulf states, the Louisianas are superb. In northern areas
the miniature dwarfs thrive.  In the mid West, bearded irises do very well
almost everywhere.  In the Carolinas, most beardless irises do wonderfully.
 Etc, etc.  We do have much to be thankful for, don't we?  (And those who
live in the Pacific northwest have the most to be thankful for!) Clarence
Mahan in VA