Re: iris dreams/solstice/WABASH X MULBERRY ROSE

Lloyd said he had tried some crosses with WABASH and ?wasn't happy with the
children?  and Clarence was ?skeptical about any good children coming from
WABASH.  (sorry, I deleted the original messages)

Lloyd, what was it that you didn't like about them?  Clarence, why so
skeptical?  Don't you guys like WABASH or did it just have turrible ugly

Hmm - here's a WABASH offspring - WABASHINE 1952 from Avonbank Gardens.  (I
wonder who that could be. : )) Tom Parkhill accuses me of taking hybridizing
back a hundred years - this would only be about 50. : )

No, Rick, not pursuing any awards - not in this climate!  Notice Tennessee is
in the one part of the country Clarence didn't mention in his list of irises
ideal for certain regions.  However,  I. cristata does like our moist woods
and mountain roadbanks.