Re: iris dreams/solstice/WABASH X MULBERRY ROSE

At the start of my hybridizing I made a lot of crosses with WABASH. It is
fertile both ways, but less fertile when crossed to another recessive amoena.
MULBERRY ROSE  is a self, so if crossed to WABASH, would give all selfs or
bitones. You would doubtless get hardy youngsters, but they would be far from
pretty, I should guess.  My own preference is for smooth-hafted amoenas, so I
would avoid things like MULBERRY  ROSE  because there is a lot of markings at
the haft. Anybody else got comments? Lloyd Zurbrigg Durham N.C. Zone 7.5, but
my work with WABASH was done in Listowel, Ont. Canada. Probably Zone 4.