Re: off topic-photography??

Dana Brown wrote:
> I have a photography problem.  I am not a photography buff, as a
> matter of fact I think I would probably fall into the klutz category.  I
> think there is a chance that I have messed up the numerous settings on
> my camera but am hoping one of you "aces" out there can give me a hint.
> My camera is a Pentax K1000, manually operated.  (I was told manual
> would be easier for a rank beginner.)  I am using a 200 speed film.
>         I got back two batches of pictures today.  The first 2/3 of the #1
> batch were fine.  At this point in the pictures something went wrong and
> continued through this roll and all the way through the next roll of
> film.  The pictures look great except that the left hand 1/3 of the
> photo is very dark, almost black.  I say almost black because in one
> picture there was a lit light fixture in the left hand corner and it
> shows up faintly.  The right hand 2/3 is in focus and looks great.  It
> almost looks as if someone held a dark filter over the left hand side of
> the lens.  Of course, I know this didn't happen but I don't know what
> did.

The K1000 was the first 35mm SLR I ever owned and I love them still.

Just a thought -- You may want to make sure your film is loaded
correctly. It sounds like the frame may not be advancing fully,
resulting in a double-exposure of a portion of the frame or a partial
exposure of portions of two frames. This may be "mechanical" if the film
has slipped off the take-up sprocket teeth or it may be "operator
induced" if the film advance lever has somewhere along the line not been
given that extra 1/4 turn between shots.

Jane Mattei