Re: Irises for Every Day...and @!#@!! Comuters

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: Irises for Every Day...and @!#@!! Comuters
  • From: Diana Louis <glouis@rogerswave.ca>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Dec 1996 18:30:05 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 23 Dec 1996 CEMahan@aol.com wrote:

> << His first goal was to have an iris in bloom each month of the
> year.  He did it.
>  His second goal was to have an iris in bloom each week of the year.  He
>  did it.  Now, can you guess what his third goal is?
> I can guess what his goal is....several years ago I had at least
> one iris in bloom from March 15 until December 7.....And had
> Louisiana irises in pots in the Florida room blooming the
> following January and February.  Not bad for northern Virginia.
> It would be terrific under Zone 5 circumstances Clarence Mahan,
> who was "nonexistant" last week due to a hard drive blowout and
> who has lost many many files.  Backup, backup, backup!  Don't
> keep learning the hard way like I do. (That advice is my
> Christmas present to all!)

Clarence, Thank you for the many bits of advice for the whole
existance of Iris-L. Back-up are sure the greatest. You almost make
me envious except I am hoping to form an idea that irisarianing in
zones less than 6 is an advantage. Linda, do you think this might
hold. Excuse me for putting in something relevant just previous to
Christmas when we all should be either eating Chistmas turkey or
celebrating Solstice or both.

Diana Louis <dlouis@dynamicro.on.ca>
Zone 4/5 Newmarket, Ontario, Canada