Re: Delayed germination

At 12:22 PM 12/23/96 -0700, you wrote:
>Just had some spuria seed (from SIGNA) germinate after almost exactly two
>years!  Anybody else have any experiences with delayed germination?
>Are there any spuria (not spurious!) folk out there on the list?

I planted some spuria seeds that I had hybridized they didn't come up so I
gave up on them and put the container under the back bridge.  They
germinated 3 years later and bloomed the year after.  BUT they were really
ugly children.

Ever the scientist--I see with your shakespeare comment.

What do you know of the uses of Plaintain (the plant) and feverflu in Old
English charms?  Do you or anyone else know about these plants?

Zone 9, Northern California--We had light snow a couple of days ago.  It's
cold but sunny at the molement.
Barbara R --Zone 9, Northern California--Grad. Student