An Iris every day

Hearing you guys talk about irises blooming everyday out of the year sure
gave me the fever to buy irises!  I've been looking over my catalogs for
about the last week now. I've been worse than Santa by making wish lists of
irises and checking them many, many, many times.

Today, since it had warmed up a bit, I just couldn't take it any longer.  I
really needed an iris fix so I hit the discount hardware stores in search of
the leftover spring bulbs at a good price.  I happened on two half price
sales and purchased some Dutch Iris and some Iris reticulata bulbs.  By the
afternoon the temperature was in the 60's Far. and I was in the garden
digging, planting, and dreaming of irises in bloom.

Our last frost wiped out several stalks on my TB and SDB rebloomers. Ah, but
there are still a few left that must not have been mature enough to be
affected by the frost.  Only two and a half more months to go of winter;
less if the groundhog cooperates this year!

For you MAYTAG RED fans, I'm reworking my web page to comply with all
current copyright laws, legal advice, common courtesies, prudent practices,
afterthoughts, and Blue Laws (or is it Red Laws in this case).  Therefore,
would anyone care to donate or give me permission to use one of their
original iris photos as the starting point of creation for the new and
improved MAYTAG RED photo?  I would need a close up shot of a TB with a
medium to dark toned color such as a blue or yellow.  Of course, I can't
reveal to you what magic occurs once this photo undergoes its
transformation. :)  Let's just say that I've found an easy way to accelerate
the hybridization process (at least in imagery). :)

-Donald

Donald Mosser
AIS, HIPS, SIGNA, SPCNI, and IRIS-L
dmosser@southconn.com