Re: Shakespeare?

At 04:41 PM 12/23/96 -0700, you wrote:

>Jim Wilson wrote
>>For wheresoe'er thou art in this world's globe,
>>I'll have an Iris that shall find thee out.
>>                --King Henry VI, Act 3, Scene 2
>
>What in the world does that mean?
>
>Linda Mann lmann76543@aol.com east Tennessee USA

Though I'm not familiar with the play, I skimmed that portion and deduced
that the Queen is in love with Suffolk, who is exiled.  Iris is the
messenger of the gods, and no matter where he goes, the Queen will use Iris
to maintain contact with him ("find thee out").  Not much to do with
flowers, but still an Iris!

Patricia Roberson, where it was downright warm in Central Texas today!