MAYTAG RED Description

Here is the description that I will likely use for MAYTAG RED in my iris
catalogue this year... just wanted to share it with you.

MAYTAG RED (Ripley 1996)- This is the iris everyone has been waiting
for! An iris that grows equally well in the jungles of the Amazon to the
tundra of the Arctic. Its unique no-fade geranium red color makes it all
the more unbelievable, not to mention its extra-low maintenance
characteristics. As easy to transport to an iris show as bringing a
laptop. This iris can and will rebloom at a moments notice at any time
of year. (with the occasional reversion to stealth mode). The ultimate
iris to add to your collection. Not to be missed.
Christopher Hollinshead
Mississauga, Ontario  Canada  zone6b
AIS Region 16
Director, Canadian Iris Society