Re: iris dreams/solstice/WABASH X MULBERRY ROSE

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: iris dreams/solstice/WABASH X MULBERRY ROSE
  • From: Diana Louis <glouis@rogerswave.ca>
  • Date: Sun, 22 Dec 1996 16:27:36 -0500 (EST)

On Sun, 22 Dec 1996 LMann76543@aol.com wrote:

> Happy Solstice everybody!
> If I cross WABASH with MULBERRY ROSE, what could I expect in color and
> pattern?  I have been staring at last year's Schreiner catalog, wishing that
> Blyth iris were soggy tolerant as well as drought tolerant, wondering what
> does well here that could hope to come close to making babies like GALLANT
> ROGUE in pattern and color.
> MULBERRY ROSE seems to be a fertile pod parent; what about WABASH's
> fertility?  Of the older tough iris in our eastern U. S. wet climate, what
> are the best performing light colored standards/dark falls -  patterned iris?
>  WABASH is the only one I could think of.

Linda, on the 4th of April Mike Lowe posted a message saying he
thought WABASH was pod infertile but was pollen fertile ie you will
only be able to get one kind of pod. Good luck!

Happy Solstice to everybody too. Usually by this time I can hardly
wait for spring but this list is keeping me busy with gardening
fun. Happy Christmas to all.

Diana Louis <dlouis@dynamicro.on.ca>
Zone 4/5 Newmarket, Ontario, Canada