Re: No. of fans and stalks? Shakespeare?

Hi Clark and Rick!
I have the same goal this year (one iris,,at least, open every day) and so
far I have made it, since May.  For now, to make sure I reach my goal, I have
kept 7 or 8 Crimson King plants, which are constantly blooming! But I'm glad
to say that I haven't had to count on them more than a few days so far.
Since the rains started,  I have cut the blooms before they open and enjoyed
them inside. This morning I brought in SHORTMAN'S GARNET RUFFLES and FAUX
PAS; the last bloom of CHATTER is still fresh on its third day.
I certainly love them!

Regarding the fans blooming period, my experience (very limited as it is) is
that there are no rules. NAVAJO JEWEL  this summer had four fans (planted one
fan last summer). I was very sorry to see every one of them shoot a stalk ,
and my delight to see the beautiful sight of those 4 gorgeous stalks blooming
at the same time was marred by the thought of a bloom out.  Before all the
flowers were dead (end of August), the increases were already coming up.
There are 6 now. You never know!

Happy Holidays!

Elena in Santa Cruz, CA