Virtual Xmas -- Home for Xmas

Many of us are dreaming of being home for the holidays:

I am going "home" to Utah for Christmas with my parents, aged 83 and 84.
They are both in good health and doing remarkably well for their age, but
a Christmas at home is not to be missed.  Having spent a good part of my
childhood in Utah and Wyoming, I guess I could say I'm dreaming of a white
Christmas, just like the ones I used to know.  But if they get any fresh
white stuff out there, I hope it is after I get into Salt Lake on Sunday,
as I don't want my folks trying to retrieve me from the airport in a snow

Meanwhile, here in Virginia, I got an inch of snow last night.  Then
temperatures plunged into the 20s, so it is now frozen and crusty.  Since
I am going to be away for Christmas, I did not put up any outside lights,
but the BIG star on my chimney never got put away last year since it is
too hard for me to get down.  When I say big, I mean about 10 feet high.
It has to be big to be seen from the road, since my house is a quarter
mile off the road in the middle of the horse pasture.  So it is the only
outside Christmas lighting I have this year, and it looked great shining
down on last night's fresh snow.

Lois Rose, in Partlow in central Virginia
25 mi. SW of Fredericksburg in southern Spotsylvania County
on a little hill overlooking my frozen farm pond in the middle of 50
snow-covered acres

Stop into the kitchen where today we are cooking!!

Carolyn Schaffner of Buffalo, NY