off topic-photography??

I have a photography problem.  I am not a photography buff, as a
matter of fact I think I would probably fall into the klutz category.  I
think there is a chance that I have messed up the numerous settings on
my camera but am hoping one of you "aces" out there can give me a hint.
My camera is a Pentax K1000, manually operated.  (I was told manual
would be easier for a rank beginner.)  I am using a 200 speed film.
	I got back two batches of pictures today.  The first 2/3 of the #1
batch were fine.  At this point in the pictures something went wrong and
continued through this roll and all the way through the next roll of
film.  The pictures look great except that the left hand 1/3 of the
photo is very dark, almost black.  I say almost black because in one
picture there was a lit light fixture in the left hand corner and it
shows up faintly.  The right hand 2/3 is in focus and looks great.  It
almost looks as if someone held a dark filter over the left hand side of
the lens.  Of course, I know this didn't happen but I don't know what

	It got up to 50 something today and should be in the 60's tomorrow.
That's a long way from the 5 degrees of Thursday morning.
Dana Brown, Lubbock, Texas  Zone 7
of rain a year.  Our average wind speed is 12.5 mph and we have an