Re: off topic-photography??

At 07:51 PM 12/20/96 -0700, you wrote:
>I have a photography problem.  I am not a photography buff, as a
>matter of fact I think I would probably fall into the klutz category.  I
>think there is a chance that I have messed up the numerous settings on
>my camera but am hoping one of you "aces" out there can give me a hint.
>My camera is a Pentax K1000, manually operated.  (I was told manual
>would be easier for a rank beginner.)  I am using a 200 speed film.

I'm not a professional photographer, but  seems like your problem may be an
improper speed when using a flash unit. If your camera is a reflex, the proper
speed for flash probably is 1/60 of a second, and any faster speed will not have
the shutter fully open when the light flashes. Check the camera instructions
and see what they advise for flash photography. If you were not using flash,
I really do not know what might have caused the underexposed area of the film.

Hope this will be a help.

Robert L. Roberson