Re: Virtual Christmas

> I am wracking my brain (after searching for it), to find a suitable topic
> for Virtual Christmas, but I have to decide between Antarctic, New Zealand,
> New Mexican or boring Texan Christmases.
	Even though we don't have a "white" Christmas ours are never boring.
There are only three of us for Christmas this year but here are our
plans.  We get up at the crack of dawn and start a fire.  Then we make
hot chocolate and pass out the presents and make a huge mess in the
floor that the dog and cat are sure we put there just for them to play
	After all the ooh's and ah's as everyone checks out there toys we move
on to brunch, Texas style.  Sausage, gravy, hash browns and scrambled
eggs all rolled into flour tortillas and washed down with bloody mary's.
	Once fortified we will start cooking Christmas dinner while listening
to Christmas music by Mannheim Steamroller on the stereo.  We will start
the turkey first and watch him close to keep him basted so he will be
juicy and golden brown.  Next comes the spiral sliced honey ham with
pineapple rings, cloves and mustard glaze.  For vegetables we are
planning sweet potato pie and green bean casserole along with cornbread
stuffing and giblet gravy.  We will have deviled eggs, stuffed celery,
pickles and olives on the relish tray.  Home-made bread and sweet butter
rounds out dinner.  After we have eaten until no-one can breathe then we
will slice the pumpkin roll and top it with some whipped cream or maybe
a slice of my award winning pecan pie.
	At which point we will collapse in the living room and watch a movie
and be extremely grateful for good food and family.
	Nope, Christmas is not boring.  Fattening yes, but never boring!
Dana Brown, Lubbock, Texas  Zone 7
of rain a year.  Our average wind speed is 12.5 mph and we have an