Re: Patricia, Weather, and Web pages

At 09:18 PM 12/17/96 -0500, you wrote:
>For those of you who remember my description of MAYTAG RED (Ripley, 1996),
it is
>now pictured in all of its glory on one of my web pages, along with quotes
>from members of the IRIS-L. This will teach you guys to watch what you say
>on the Internet. ;) Hint: It's on the What's Growing in My Garden Page.  Be
>kind and remember my web pages are still under construction.  If you find
>anything on the MAYTAG page offensive or prefer not to be quoted, please
>e-mail privately.
>-Donald

Dear IRIS-L members,

Although conceived in the spirit of fun and games, I'm afraid I got a little
carried away in producing one of my web pages.  As a result I have removed
the "Maytag" web page to which I refer in my previous message (above) from
my web site.  I apologize to the members of the IRIS-L and the individuals
which I had quoted on this page for neglecting the common courtesy of
getting permission from these individuals prior to the quoting of e-mail
remarks made on the IRIS-L.  This was brought to my attention by a third
party rather than one of the individuals which I had quoted on the page,
however, I feel it is a valid and serious point to be considered.  Although
none of the remarks that I had quoted were derogatory or taken out of
context, I would agree that I breached netiquette when I neglected to get
prior permission to quote from these individuals.  Please accept my
apologies and assurances that this will not occur again.

Sincerely,

Donald

Donald Mosser
AIS, HIPS, SIGNA, SPCNI, and IRIS-L