Alive and wondering...

Well, I'm not in Antarctica, (seriously folks...) but I have been busy with
life and gardening and all that stuff.  Bet you folks thought I gave up and
left!

I have a question, one that late at night, when I finally find time to go to
sleep, I sit and think of all these such things:

WHY don't irises and perennials freeze?  What keeps their little leaves from
turning to mush like annuals and expensive houseplants?

It was 23 last night, and snow predicted for this weekend- YOU can have it,
Carolyn, I do NOT want it, not in Texas even.  All the TB transplants from
this fall are doing fine, and the Louisianna irises I got are putting on
fans nicely in pots.  I even aquired a Siberian iris, CHILLED WINE and it
too is doing ok in its (siberian like) pot.

I am wracking my brain (after searching for it), to find a suitable topic
for Virtual Christmas, but I have to decide between Antarctic, New Zealand,
New Mexican or boring Texan Christmases.  Soon...
East Texas, zone 8

Sharon A. Ruck,  the herb and Harley Davidson lady
sharon@software.nsbf.nasa.gov
http://master.nsbf.nasa.gov/sharon/sharon.html