Virtual Xmas Party revelers:

	We are preparing for the party.

	Yesterday, we went to the Broadway Market to order the goose
for the VIRTUAL XMAS PARTY. The corridors  were really crowded with
neighborhood people who regularly shop there, speaking Polish and
broken English.  Every shop was filled with trinkets and stocking
stuffers. There were strong smells of chocolate candies and holiday breads at the far end of the building, and of meat and poultry freshly
cut near the entrance.  The dried fish were available in the barrel at
the corner of the produce stand. Jostling and squeezing forward,
everyone had to wait their turn to buy their hams or turkeys. The
poultry farmer doesnUt ordinarily bring goose; we  had to assure the
lady weUd be back to pick it up next week.

 	Now, listen to pieces of the conversations that took place in that busy building.

D > what is everybody going to do on xmas eve? food, drink, snack,
D > etc?

    Watch whatever is on t.v., maybe drink a little Dr.Pepper, if a clear
night and I'm not running a high temp move my scope out and use it,
run my astronomy programs on this Falcon030 and find out what's
going on in the skys for 97. But if all else fails, go to bed.

   For those who do things over here on xmas day, it's where everyone gets together and has a party or something.

    For me and Mom its just another day, I've got a small 3lb canned
ham in the refrig and I'll microwave some yams. We'll just watch
whatever is on t.v. and maybe if I've gotten over whatever I've got,
maybe I'll be doing some house cleaning. I'll of course take care of my
cats too. I used to string up lights outside, but now after the last
string died 3 years ago and with our fixed incomes, we couldn't
replace them and on this street? The one that was voted 'Dirtest
Street on Oahu" for the last 3 years, who gives a rip? Not us anymore.
So no party or anything else that day. Oh ya, only thing I do have is
one Xmass record by M.Lanza and I use to to try and drownout the
loud music from the people next door. If that day is like others, it'll be
shear hell for us because of their partys.

Dennis Bishop on Oahu, Hawaii

> I heard we had 90 words with Christmas!!
xmas card
xmas sausage
xmas ham
xmas preparations
xmas tree
xmas decorations
xmas fair
xmas candles
xmas creche
xmas rush
xmas window-display......

We surmise that this person had been a part of the school concert and
is telling her friend about the office party afterwards:

          Hey,  thanks.  The party was great after we finished our
          concert.  The director and I started the show out walking
          through the audience singing WE NEED A LITTLE CHRISTMAS. It
          would have been nice if our words matched.  It turned into a
          comedy routine which was okay.   Afterwards,  the caterer
          who had been hired by the choir took over the kitchen and
          the house and it was great. We didn't have to worry about
          anything other than coats and drinks.  I was worried about
          one couple who is very wealthy, but he took me aside looked
          me in the eyes and said,"  I love your taste."  WHEW.
          The caterer and his crew left the kitchen totally spotless.
          It was so much nicer than going to the country club and
          paying an outrageous amount for a chicken wing and a carrot
          stick as well as paying for your drinks at the bar.

IN%"Joyce_Krupnik@wlsv.wnyric.org"  "Joyce Krupnik"
We arrived back at home to get ready to attend this manditory concert:

I try to get to a Messiah sing a-long every other year or so. It is a
bear for tenors (especially out of condition ones) so I tend to the bass
part. I sang in the choir when I ws growing up. Love the old setting
Luthren hymns. Wish I could find time to sing too.

Well, as we approach the season of mixed feelings and experiences I can
only wish you peace and happiness, the love of your family, and a hope
for a better tomorrow.

Happy Holidays

And while we are dressing for the concert, the carolers are outside
singing.  See the next posting for their contribution.