Alternate-year bloom

I have found the discussion on  BEVERLY SILLS and EDITH WOLFORD very
interesting.  I had thought that the reason they did not bloom here every
year was due to our erratic weather, or perhaps due to some mistakes I have
made.  This type of information is very helpful.  For one thing, it makes me
feel a bit less inadequate as a gardener.
I would appreciate (and I am probably not the only one) input from list
members concerning other cultivars which are in wide distribution, perhaps
award winners, and which exhibit this same tendency to bloom only every two
or three years.

Julie Allen  jwallen@blomand.net  Sparta, TN zone 6, subject to late freezes
after early warmup (but after being on the list for a while, I realize that
we are not the only ones)