Patrice--New Fans

When I counted the number of fans on all our 100 irises in mid-October,
Patrice (TB, DeForest '45) had a small fan and 2 tiny ones starting. Now
in mid-December it has the small fan and 5 tiny ones!  Guess we're a bit
warmer here than Montana where it came from this Fall. All the irises
look wonderful, and the rest have put on new growth too, but I haven't
done any formal counting. I just noticed it a few minutes ago when I was
telling them what great guys they were! I had to tuck some mud around
them after the ice melted a few weeks ago as they had heaved rather
badly.  :-)

However, they will have to endure single-digits later this week, so they
may stop growing temporarily!

Barb Johnson    ljohnson@cland.net
Southwest Missouri Ozarks     USDA Zone 5b     AIS Region 18 (MO & KS)