Re: Marking pens

Yes, I've found the perfect paint pen, it is a Painters Opaque Paint Marker
manufactured by Hunt Manufacturing Co., Statesville, NC, USA.  Is is
distributed  through Wal-Mart in the craft/sewing department.  It comes in
medium and fine points and many colors - black, blue, red, green, yellow,
pink, whatever.  I prefer the fine point black marker.  It says it is
"Lightfast and Permanent and Nontoxic". I've used it on plastic, and
aluminum labels and it works great.  The true test for lightfastness will
come next summer. Th only draw back is that it dries more slowly than
Sharpie markers.  Price is about $2.99 (American dollars). I plan to stock
up on these!!!

At 10:54 AM 12/16/96 -0500, you wrote:
>I wonder who out there has found a really good pen to use on iris labels.  I
>have found a pen called Mean Streak which works very well.  It comes in
>white and other colors, including lack.  I found it at a local
>printer/office supply store.  I use the white to mark on black pots when I
>pot up iris.  It is like paint and never fades.  But I can't use it on
>labels because it is too broad a line.
>Sharpie pens fade fast, as I found to my chagrin this year when I put out
>some seedlings marked with this type pen, and now some of the locations are
>Has anyone found a good black pen with a line thin enough to write on labels?
>Julie Allen   jwallen @blomand.net   Sparta, TN zone 6, lots of rain
Donald Mosser
North Augusta, South Carolina, USA
Zone 7b-8