Re: Wait One, Multiple Stalks???

John Jones said
><<  am a little confused here. By multiple stalks per rhizome I thought ...
>  etc>>

What I recall seeing on healthy plants was the typical spring big fat rhizome
with the normal bloom stalk coming out of the end of the rhizome with two new
fan ears on either side, and with one or more bloom stalks coming out of the
sides of the mother rhizome with or without new fans.  On the lavender
Schreiner seedling, the terminal flower stalk had one fan that lived into the
summer after bloom, but as I recall, none of the flower stalks that came out
of the sides of the mother rhizome produced fans.  I didn't know you were
going to want to know this or I would have paid more attention! : )