Variegated irises and RE: I. fulva source

I have a question for list members concerning irises with variegated leaves.
Why don't we see more new hybrid varieties of TB's or Japanese irises with
variegated foliage?  I know that in some plants, foliage variegation is
happened upon by some thoughtful hybridizer saving out the variegated
vegetative sports from known hybrids.  Does this never or rarely happen with
various irises?  Is there anyone in the iris world working toward foliage
variegation in irises?

*********************
Re: I. fulva source
Iris City Gardens of Nashville, TN lists I. fulva and a dwarf I. fulva.
(800)-934-4747
502 Brighton Place
Nashville, TN 37205-2556

Owners, Greg and Macey McCullough(103635.3650@COMPUSERVE.COM) participate in
the IRIS-L .  You may want to contact them about availability, since their
normal shipping dates are August-September and their catalog says that they
don't ship out of season.

-Donald

Donald Mosser
AIS, HIPS, SIGNA, SPCNI, and IRIS-L