Re: I. Uniflora

At 08:39 AM 12/15/96 -0500, you wrote:

>With the hopeful opportunity of being proven wrong, i don't believe
>there is any iris uniflora in the USA.  I have seen the plants marked
>iris uniflora at sevral South Carolina gardens and they are all
>sanguinea.  This resulted from seed widely distributed from
>collections in China which were incorrectly labeled.  No one seems to
>want to admit they have the wrong plant.
>Bob Pries<<<
>Kathryn Mohr, near Albany, NY, Zone 5

Kathryn or Bob or whoever, originally wrote this about I. uniflora: How
would I tell the difference between I. sanguinea and I. uniflora?  Are there
distinguishing features?  Is there somewhere that I can find a written
description?  The seeds that I have sent from an individual were listed as
the I uniflora var. caricina.  I will be e-mailing this individual in hopes
of finding out their source.

-Donald (eagerly awaiting the SIGNA seed list)

Donald Mosser
North Augusta, South Carolina, USA
Zone 7b-8
First avg. frost date approx. Nov.15th