Re: Beverly Sills and Edith Wolford

Clarence you said:
>BEVERLY SILLS and EDITH WOLFORD are very beautiful, but my experience, and
>the experience of some other irisarians I know, has been that they are
>examples of cultivars which will do well only every two or three years.  In
>the years they give good performance they tend for me to give exceptionally
>wonderful performance, blooming on every rhizome, and sometimes giving more
>than one stalk per rhizome.  They seem to "bloom out", making next years
>performance poor, or often, nothing.  They seem to do a little better when
>they are divided every year, but the degree of "better" is marginal.

We have grown BEVERLY SILLS and EDITH WOLFORD for 8 years now and they
consistently bloom for mom and I.  It is true however, that some years are
better than others, but they tend to follow the general trend of the rest of
the iris.  EDITH WOLFORD has probably been the best of the two.  We get
exceptional color and massive blooming almost every year.

Barbara Zone 9 Redding (Northern) California where it raining and icky but
I'm glad dead week is over!!!!
Barbara R --Zone 9, Northern California--Grad. Student