Re: Wait One, Multiple Stalks???

There are one or two varieties amongst the older ones that produce more than
one stem from a single fan in their first season (if planted fairly early) -
we find HIGH COMMAND and MINNIE COLQUITT are reliable in this respect. Also,
some IBs produce more than one stem - this year our plants of AZ AP had up to
SIX stems on clumps planted as single fans the previous autumn! Stunning!

We also see a few rebloomers that produce multiple stems in their first
season, but I guess this is more common. IMMORTALITY was excellent this year
- the first year that we have grown it and I love it! Two or three rebloom
stems per clump in late August.

Graham Spencer, Croftway Nursery, UK (Zone 7 nearly 8)
croftway@aol.com
Sun at last after a week and a half of unbroken cloud, but cold too! 34 F / 1