Re: Wait One, Multiple Stalks???

Clarence said
>Very few irises put out more than one stalk per rhizome, but it does happen,
>and certain cultivars are prone to this.  BEVERLY SILLS has often done this
>for me....in the years that it blooms.  EDITH WOLFORD has done it, but only
>couple of times. Another that did this for me its first year was FEATURE
>ATTRACTION....which had, in one year, seven increases which all bloomed the
>same year right after the primary rhizome.

I bought the Schreiner seedling trial year before last - the lavender
seedling rotted shortly after planting, but in spite of (untreated) rot,
managed to put out 4 bloomstalks the following srping and one increase.  It
died.  (But I MAY have gotten some pollen off of it on DUSKY CHALLENGER - not
sure those seeds are going to germinate).  Rebloomers seem to have extra
bloomstalks - at a couple of gardens last spring (remember the dreadful
spring?), I saw lots of rebloomers which lost their terminal bud stalk or had
a lot of distortion but had nicely blooming sidestalks, sometimes several.