RE: catalog production cost

Amy Moseley Rupp asks:

>There is a book simply titled "Iris" with a grey cover that I've seen at
>the bookstores.  Leafed through it a long time ago, wasn't too
>impressed, but maybe it's OK... has anyone seen this book?

I imagine the book you are referring to is Fritz Kohlein's "IRIS". I have this
book but have not had the time to read the whole thing. I have been favorably
impressed with what I have so far read. This book seems to be well put
together and easy for anyone to read. It has good technical information which
is written in laymans terms. Good History information, good planting
information, good information on all varieties of Iris and good Hybridizing
information. In fact I was reading on Hybridizing last night and if I had read
this sooner I would not have had to ask the questions I did about saving
The book also has wonderful pictures with descriptions and many drawings and
diagrams for illustration.

Hope this is helpful information to you.

Jefrie Jenkins
Kent, WA  Zone 5