Re: Wait One, Multiple Stalks???

Clarence said

LMann76543@aol.com wrote:

> I bought the Schreiner seedling trial year before last - the lavender
> seedling rotted shortly after planting, but in spite of (untreated) rot,
> managed to put out 4 bloomstalks the following srping and one increase.  It
> died.  (But I MAY have gotten some pollen off of it on DUSKY CHALLENGER - not
> sure those seeds are going to germinate).  Rebloomers seem to have extra
> bloomstalks - at a couple of gardens last spring (remember the dreadful
> spring?), I saw lots of rebloomers which lost their terminal bud stalk or had
> a lot of distortion but had nicely blooming sidestalks, sometimes several.

I am a little confused here. By multiple stalks per rhizome I thought we
meant a single rhizome that puts up more than one stalk (not stalk and
branches, but more than one stalk).

Some of the conversation seems to be talking about a rhizome that puts
out several increases in the first year and each of the increases puts
up a bloom stalk.

Which are we talking about? I guess the question is for Clarence since
it was his comment that started this thread.

How do you distinguish multiple stalks from branches that branch out
very
close to the rhizome?
--

On 14 Dec  in -

1287 Zuider Zee seawall collapses with loss of 50,000 lives

1503 - Nostradamus was born, author of a book of prophecies that many
still believe foretold the future. He was a physician, an astrologer and
a clairvoyant. Nostradamus' rhyming astrological predictions are most
famous. He wrote them in rhyming quatrains, accurately predicting the
Great London Fire in 1666, Spain's Civil War, and a Hitler that would
lead Germany into war. He even correctly predicted his death on July 2,
1566.

1798 - David Wilkinson of Rhode Island patented the nut and bolt
machine, and the screw, too!

1892 A. Charlois discovers asteroid #350 named Ornamenta

At the top of the charts in:
1956 - Blueberry Hill - Fats Domino

Born on Ginny Prins birthday in:

1883 - Jane Cowl - Highly successful U.S. playwright and actress.

1503 - Nostradamus - author of a book of prophecies that many still
believe foretold the future. He was a physician, an astrologer and a
clairvoyant. Nostradamus' rhyming astrological predictions are most
famous. He wrote them in rhyming quatrains, accurately predicting the
Great London Fire in 1666, Spain's Civil War, and a Hitler that would
lead Germany into war. He even correctly predicted his death on July 2,
1566.

---

John Jones, jijones@ix.netcom.com
Heavy clay base for my raised beds.