Re: Best color printer?

John I Jones wrote:

> internet cafe wrote:
> >
> > How much do you want to spend?  I have an Epson Stylus Color, and it
> > prints absolutely beautiful color pictures--it's an ink jet and can be
> > bought for under $400.
> > Carol
> > --
>
> Carol,
> What is the resolution of your printer. How well does it do on blends
> and or photographs? Would it be good enough to use to create a album of
> iris photos?
>
> Thx
> ---
John,

Mine is an early version--with special coated paper it does 720 x 720
dpi.  There are now newer and cheaperversions that do 720 x 720 without
the special paper. (It does not pay to be the first on your block. . .)
I am pretty amazed at how well it does on photos and blends. I have
graphic artist friends who turned down the offerof color lasers in favor
of the Epson.  I am very, very with mine, as I also do some graphic art,
and teach it, and have always had excellent quality.

Carol

If you have a small business
or if you're a gardener--especially if you're both!
Gardens & Graphics:
http://cafe.scranton.com/~cww