RE: Hybridizing

Sharon McAllister writes:

>Yes.  In fact, it's probably a more common practice than shipping pollen.
>Rarely do both prospective parents of a planned cross cooperate by blooming
>at the same time.

Thanks for your answer also Sharon.

Now that I know how to store pollen, I have a few other Hybridizing questions
that possibly someone might have some insight on.

I absolutely love the look of an Iris named Streetwalker, but it is not a very
vigorous grower. Is there any way to go about crossing to get the same
coloring but with better growth habits?

Are Irises like people with recesive traits. Such as if I cross a blue with a
red will the blue be the predominant color?, or will they just be all mixed

This is only my second year of hybridizing so I have not had the pleasure of
seeing any of my creations. The first time I didn't know if I was even doing
it right so when I did get seeds it was quite exciting.  I just crossed all of
my favorites so they will probably be ugly babies, but they will be my 1st so
I am sure I will keep one for memories.