Re: Lowell's Historics -- Part I JOSEPH's MANTLE

AMY: A tyro is a brand-new amateur, in the sense that I used it.  I was
trying to get some rebloomers suitable for Listowel        , Ont., Canada.
 JOSEPH' MANTLE would have been very   useful, as it had rather large ,
well-formed  petals.  I should not guess at the Zone for Listowel, but
 probably  4. First frost came about /sept.10, last frost in spring close to
June 1.  I moved south to get a college job, rather than for gardening, but I
have enjoyed the extra amount of time for gardening and for rebloom. Lloyd
Zurbrigg Durham, NC  Zone 7.5 because of the amount of cold the past two