Re: RE: Shipping Pollen

I have used saved pollen frequently, and freeze some of my own for use the
following year.  It will stay potent for a week or two without refrigeration.
If I am keeping it in the refrigerator, I usually wrap it in foil, and the
same applies for freezing, - - but I do not know if this is necessary.  I
have used pumila pollen sent from Lynda Miller of Indiana, and John & Lucy
Burton of Massachusetts, putting it on my talls. This produces SDB's.  Also
used pollen of aril-breds from Sharon McAllister this year, and was
pleasantly surprsied to get quite a few takes on medians and talls.  Lloyd
Zurbrigg, Durham,NC