Re: catalog production cost

> It is important to also consider that this unit amount of $5 is based on
> a quantity of approx 20,000. Smaller quantities would up the unit price.
> To produce a complete new book as you suggest at a quantity of say
> 10,000 would be ballpark guesstimate approx 25.00 plus each.
> I would doubt if there is a market for this quantity at this price to
> provide enough of a return quickly enough and additionally profit for
> someone to invest in a project of this type.

Not necessarily! The sexy rose books, which list colour photos and
descriptions (though not too damning) of each rose, are easily $50, and
people buy them.  I know I did!

There is a book simply titled "Iris" with a grey cover that I've seen at
the bookstores.  Leafed through it a long time ago, wasn't too
impressed, but maybe it's OK... has anyone seen this book?

Amy Moseley Rupp
amyr@austx.tandem.com, Austin, TX, zone 8b
*or* amyr@mpd.tandem.com
Jill O. *Trades, Mistress O. {}