Species iris - PCNI

If you can't wait for the PCNI book to be published the Society for
PCNI offers two booklets:

"A Guide to the Pacific Coast Iris by Victor A. Cohen" ($4 postage
paid), and

"A Revision of the Pacific Coast Iris by Lee W. Lenz" ($6 ppd.).

Both describe the species and their distribution and have both line
drawing and photos.
I have the Cohen booklet and can vouch for it, However by the
description of the Lenz article (a reprint from "Aliso".) has more
detailed distribution maps.

The society also offer another article by Lenz regarding the many
natural hybrid forms of the PCNIs called "Hybridization and
Speciation in the Pacific Coast Iris" (also $6 or $10 for both Lenz

These are available from:

Adele Lawyer
433 Oak Hill Rd.
Oakland CA 94605.

Mary - from Cohen's distribution map the only prevalent species along
the coast between L.A. and San Francisco is I. douglasiana.  I.
fernaldii and I. macrosiphon are also found in the area near San

Rodney in North Central Texas where I DO still does and DITTO is
about to.