RE: Seedling

Ellen Gallagher wrote:
>         Why not use this seeding (STREETWALKER x SPIN-OFF) as a BB?
>         It sound interesting....I love BBs especially up here in Zone 3.
> Ellen Gallagher
> e_galla@moose.ncia.net

Would never introduce that iris as a BB despite it's 25" height.  The
flower is much too large for a BB and it doesn't fit the class.  But
every visitor through the garden loves it and wants to buy it!  We've
been trying to get that flower on a taller plant, without success so
far; we keep the seedling around to hybridize with as it seems to pass
on its' characteristics, including the heavy lace!

Rick Tasco
Central California foothills
Zone 8.5