Wait One, Multiple Stalks???

CEMahan@aol.com wrote:

> BEVERLY SILLS and EDITH WOLFORD are very beautiful, but my experience, and
> the experience of some other irisarians I know, has been that they are
> examples of cultivars which will do well only every two or three years.  In
> the years they give good performance they tend for me to give exceptionally
> wonderful performance, blooming on every rhizome, and sometimes giving more
> than one stalk per rhizome.

WHOA! Granted I am a novice by comparison, but in all the threads on
growth habits etc, I don't remember ever hearing about multiple stalks
out of a single rhizome. Clarence I don't doubt your veracity, but does
this happen often? Do both stalks grow at the same time or follow one
another. Has it happened on many CVs.

--
So, is anyone triskaidekaphobic ???

On 13 Dec  in -

1577 - five ships commanded by Sir Francis Drake embarked on Drake's
famous circumnavigation of the globe, a journey that took almost three
years.

1621, The first furs are exported from the U.S. to Great Britain.

1809 - The first abdominal surgical procedure was performed - in
Danville, Kentucky. The patient was Jane Todd Crawford and the operation
was performed without the aid of an anesthetic. However, during the
operation, Ms. Crawford did say, "Eeeeeeeeeee
owwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwchhhhhhhhhhhh!"

1903 - Italo Marcioni patents the ice cream cone ... in New Jersey.

and at the top of the charts in:
1957 - At the Hop - Danny and The Juniors

Born on this day in:
1835 - Phillips Brooks - Author, Composer, Clergyman, the American
Episcopal bishop who wrote the words to "O Little Town of Bethlehem."

---

John Jones, jijones@ix.netcom.com
Heavy clay base for my raised beds.