Multiple Stalks--YES!!

John I Jones wrote:

> CEMahan@aol.com wrote:
  In
> > the years they give good performance they tend for me to give exceptionally
> > wonderful performance, blooming on every rhizome, and sometimes giving more
> > than one stalk per rhizome.
>
> WHOA! Granted I am a novice by comparison, but in all the threads on
> growth habits etc, I don't remember ever hearing about multiple stalks
> out of a single rhizome. Clarence I don't doubt your veracity, but does
> this happen often? Do both stalks grow at the same time or follow one
> another. Has it happened on many CVs.
>
> --
> So, is anyone triskaidekaphobic ???

> John Jones, jijones@ix.netcom.com
> Fremont CA, USDA zone 8/9 (coastal, bay)

John:

No, we're not triskaidekaphobic ???--but today is a very appropriate day
for our garden name--Superstition!  By the way, the garden name didn't
have anything to do with anything like that.  The name came from where
we started the garden 10 years ago when we lived at the base of
Superstition Mountain in Apache Junction, Arizona!  But we do love the
number 13!!

Multiple stalks--YES we've had that happen on many varieties each year.
Can't remember the names off-hand, but it is a fairly common occurence
here in our garden.  Some regularly have 3 stalks per rhizome--good
stalks too, not pineappled ones.

Drive the 2 1/2 hours to visit us next Spring and we'll show you many of
them!

Rick Tasco
Central California foothills