Re: Multiple Stalks--YES!!

Rick Tasco wrote:

> John:
>
> No, we're not triskaidekaphobic ???--but today is a very appropriate day
> for our garden name--Superstition!  By the way, the garden name didn't
> have anything to do with anything like that.  The name came from where
> we started the garden 10 years ago when we lived at the base of
> Superstition Mountain in Apache Junction, Arizona!  But we do love the
> number 13!!
>
> Multiple stalks--YES we've had that happen on many varieties each year.
> Can't remember the names off-hand, but it is a fairly common occurence
> here in our garden.  Some regularly have 3 stalks per rhizome--good
> stalks too, not pineappled ones.
>
> Drive the 2 1/2 hours to visit us next Spring and we'll show you many of
> them!

You betchum, Red Rider. As we get close, you can let me know the best
time. Being as close as we are it shouldn't be a problem. You are close
to Yosemite as well, and I have always wanted to see the spring run off
start there any way. I can combine trips.

---

John Jones, jijones@ix.netcom.com
Heavy clay base for my raised beds.