Re: Wait One, Multiple Stalks???

<< WHOA! Granted I am a novice by comparison, but in all the threads on
 growth habits etc, I don't remember ever hearing about multiple stalks
 out of a single rhizome. Clarence I don't doubt your veracity, but does
 this happen often? Do both stalks grow at the same time or follow one
 another. Has it happened on many CVs. >>

Very few irises put out more than one stalk per rhizome, but it does happen,
and certain cultivars are prone to this.  BEVERLY SILLS has often done this
for me....in the years that it blooms.  EDITH WOLFORD has done it, but only a
couple of times. Another that did this for me its first year was FEATURE
ATTRACTION....which had, in one year, seven increases which all bloomed the
same year right after the primary rhizome.  Then the whole thing was consumed
by rot and died within a month after blooming.  Perhaps Lloyd or someone else
could add to these comments.  Clarence Mahan