Re: Saving Pollen

Lots of good comments on storing/shipping pollen - one technique specifically
mentioned sealing containers (for mailing).  What about short term storage in
the fridge or room temperature?  Sealed or unsealed?  I am assuming open
containers since paper envelopes were one suggestion.  Does humidity matter?
 To try to adjust to summer heat and humidity outdoors, I usually put off air
conditioning as long as possible, so indoors is high humidity (compared to
New Mexico).  I remember some discussion last spring in relation to making
successful crosses - seems like I remember  too humid is bad for pollen
viability so I am assuming unsealed containers for short term storage.  Maybe
with a few grains of rice for desiccant?

Linda Mann lmann76543@aol.com east humid Tennessee USA
a gray and balmy day - good for rot and allergies - feels like spring!