AIS Policy on Pictures

<< Clarence, you said:
 It is only last year that the AIS
 policy to avoid naming newer iris cultivars
 Would you say some more about how extensive this policy is? Do the policy
 mean ALL publications, or publications used for PR?  Will the Bulletin be
 restricted from naming new, eligible for award, iris in text reviews,
 gardens?? >>

Maybe my message was not clear.  AIS USED TO HAVE a policy of avoiding having
pictures in AIS materials of irises still in competition for awards.  We
changed the policy last year...now irises up for awards CAN BE pictured in
the Bulletin.  By extension, I believe this also applies to all materials.  I
realize my message you quoted, and which I have quoted above, was not clear.
(But you only quoted the first part of the sentence...if you read the second
part of the sentence you will see what the meaning is...but I do understand
how the sentence could be misread). Clarence Mahan