Re: weather was calender

At 05:42 AM 12/12/96 +0000, you wrote:
>	Doesn't anybody on this list have two feet of heavy snow on the
>	ground (like me) ? :>(

Western Mass. has been busy digging out - there's still snow in the driveway,
now being rained upon by some of that moisture Rick Tasco sent us. This
last storm was the heaviest load of snow I've ever seen - a 35+ year old
rhododendron has snapped several of its branches, and a lilac that we've had
since 1955 has been severely pruned by Mom Nature! In addition, several maples
have bad damage, including some 6-inch dia. branches! With apologies to those
of us who have trouble converting metric to imperial (if that's the name of
the system we use), and don't want to get any practice, here in Western MA
we had well over a cubit and a half <g>.

>	Clarence is right - Happy Holidays

If I add a "rider" it won't seem as bad, so I second that motion!!

Haven't ever seen a rhizome split from either the cold or the wet, despite
20 deg.
below 0 fahrenheit for a week at a time. No-one seemed to reply to the
question, but
I have forgotten who asked it.

Chad - I stratify my seeds in the fridge for six weeks.

Carol Blais CBLAIS@worldnet.att.net
AIS Region 1, WNEIS, ISM, LIST-L, USDA zone 5
Yesterday's high 3.6 celsius, low -1.8, now with plain rain, but freezing
rain in
the low spots and the hills nearby.